3:43 p.m. - January 22, 2006
This is a quiz from episodes of “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”. The answers are taken straight from the scripts compiled as “All The Words”. Mind you, there may be variations of these sketches in movies and on record, but this stuff is from the actual television show itself.
I tried to make this quiz so that the hardcore ardents may have to think about an answer or two, but the neophytes could still get a couple of them.
Are we ready? Let’s begin!
2. In Ewan McTeagle’s greatest work, how much does he need to mend the shed?
3. How do you pronounce “Raymond Luxury Yacht?
4. How is your majesty like a stream of bat’s piss?
5. What is the diocese of the dead bishop on the landing?
6. What is rule #6?
7. What are the words never to be used again on this programme?
8. What happens when you say mattress to Mr. Lambert?
9. What happened to the excrementally runny Camembert?
10. What can you buy on the excursion to the Roman ruins?
11. What does Mr. Praline show as proof that he has a cat license?
12. What did Dennis Moore steal from the rich and give to the poor?
13. What did the Hungarian say to the Tobacconist when he was trying to buy matches?
14. What slogan do they say after the song “Lemming, Lemming, Lemming of the BDA?”
15. Instead of a simple block of flats, what did the first architect design?
16. What town sends its own version of “Njorl’s Saga” to the BBC?
17. Who won the cup final in 1949?
18. Who won the all-England summarize Proust contest?
19. Who did Jack Bodell beat on “Boxing Tonight” from the Empire Pool, Wembley?
20. Who is running as the National Bocialist candidate in the North Minehead by-election?
21. With what phrase does the hygiene squad want the Whizzo Chocolate Company to replace the legend “Crunchy Frog”?
22. Where does the not-at-all naughty chemist have to go to get the halibut or sea bass requisite?
23. What is the randiest of all gastropods?
24. In the Vocational Guidance Counselor’s office, what animal does Mr. Anchovy think is a lion?
1. The larch…the larch…and now…